Photo Gallery

 
Photo Gallery 1
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Old Aerial Photographs

 

Old Aerial Maps
 
 
 
 
Photographs of Llangatwg Community School
 
Please use the links on the left to view photographs from around the school
 
 
 
The History of Llangatwg
 
The current site of Llangatwg School in Cadoxton was initially opened in 1930 as the Central Mixed School. It became a Senior School in 1935 and at that time was housed entirely in what is now the Old Block of the current school. The link to old aerial maps (opposite) only shows the school from the 1939 map onwards.

In the 1960's a total of three Secondary modern Schools served the Neath valley, namely Cadoxton School, Ynysfach School and Cwmnedd School.

In 1968 the decision was made to amalgamate the three Secondary modern Schools to form one School, Llangatwg Secondary School.

In 1973 Cwmdulais School was added to Llangatwg School to create the new Llangatwg Comprehensive School. This new school was a two-site school.
 
In January 1994 Llangatwg became a one-site comprehensive school at its current site in Cadoxton. In order to unify the school at Cadoxton an extensive building programme was undertaken.
 
As a result Llangatwg acquired a new teaching block housing the Mathematics and English departments, a new kitchen and dining area, a refurbished CDT block and a new Music Suite.
 
A new astroturf artificial playing surface was opened in June 1996.
 

1994 - Plaque to commemorate the opening of Llangatwg as a single site school

In 2008, Llangatwg was renamed from a Comprehensive to Llangatwg Community School.

 
 

 

Bottom Bar Motto
 
Llangatwg Community School
Main Road
Cadoxton
Neath
SA10 8DB

Tel: 01639 634700
Fax: 01639 634708


Terms & Conditions
 

Awards Logos